Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bits and Bobs

Well real life certainly got in the way for a couple of weeks, but hopefully everything is now back to normal and I can get back to sewing.  I was asked how I did the corners of my work when I was framing it using double sided scrapbooking tape.   I first measure the size of my backing board and make creases in my work at the exact place where it will fold over the edge of the backing board.  I've used a patterned material so that you can see how I do it.  First I fold over the edge at the corners and secure it on the backing board with the double sided tape.  When all four corners are done I then do all the edges.  I've been doing this for quite a few years now, and as the double sided tape is acid free it will not harm my fabric.  Hope this helps.

 The following is a Christmas cross stitch I did a few years ago.  I was cleaning out a cupboard the other day and came across it again.  I just love it as it's so bright and cheerful.
 These are some of the cross stitch items I have made, or I have received from friends overseas in the Twelve Days of Christmas Swap. The items were one twelfth scale.  Some of the smaller pictures on the back wall are done on 120 count silk - even the black cameo.  I might add these were not done by me though. 
I hope you've enjoyed my little display of goodies - I treasure all these things and they are all displayed in a little shop front in 1/12 scale.  I will take a photo and post it next time.
Happy stitching everyone, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment