Wednesday, April 20, 2011

So many new things

Where does the time go to?   I've worked it out, time goes into learning new things all the time.  My good friend Nan told me about Swap-bot because I wanted to swap cross stitch items. I checked it out and joined up.  Now I'm in a cross stitch bookmark swap and a cross stitch surprise swap.  BUT - in reading the profiles of different people I discovered words like "Inchies",  "Atc's" and "Zentangles".  What are these things?  They say curiosity killed the cat - well I'm not a cat but to be on the safe side I did a Google search to set my curious mind at rest.   Oh Deary me!!!  I shouldn't have done that.  Found:  three more things to add to keep me occupied.  I realise I have been Zentangling for many years but back then it was called abstract art or doodling.  I actually have some drawings done in January 1979 which were a form of zentangling.  Inchies, now there's something a bit different, or should I say a bit smaller, I could even do some zentangling on them.   ATC's - now I can do that!  
All I have to do is take a bit of time from "here" and put it "there" and then take some time from "there" and put it with the "other there" .... Hmmm - I think I'll just take it day by day whatever mood takes me on the day that's what I will do.  My favourites will always be cross stitch and art - but I can find the time for Inchies, ATC's and Zentangles too.   Variety is the spice of life so I guess I gotta lota living to do yet.
Happy stitchin (or hobbying) till next time.  

   

No comments:

Post a Comment