Thursday, January 8, 2015

A new start in 2015

Happy New Year!
 It's been so long since I last posted anything on my blog but I am going to try and post something at least once a month from this month.
 
So much has happened since 2011 it's hard to remember everything. 
My friend Nan who introduced me to Swap-Bot, passed away on my birthday in 2013. 
My family put in a swimming pool at their house which has been getting a lot of use lately with the hot weather we have been having.   Peter, Lisa, Courtney and Brianna went on a wonderful trip to the US last year and had a great time.  I have a new addition to my household - a cockatiel called "Buddy".   The family gave him to me as a combined Christmas/Birthday present.  He was ten weeks old when I got him (he's now 18 weeks old).  He's learnt to say quite a few things and is very funny.  I love him heaps.   

 It will be eight years on 26th January (my birthday) since I retired.  I am my mother's carer now as her mobility is very bad so she needs help, but she is very healthy.  She will be 95 y/o in 11 days time, so doing well and I love her a lot.
Since I spend a lot more time at home I have gone back to an old hobby "knitting".  In 2014 I knitted 10,400 metres of yarn.  I made three cardigans, half a dozen or so shawls, scarves and mitts. 
I've started this year with a shawl called Picabea (on Ravelry). I'll add photos of things as I do them.  I found a LYS 2 kilometres away from home called Woolarium and they sell fantastic yarns - they also have a Sit and Knit on Sundays between 2 and 4 pm which I go to.  It's great to sit with like minded people once a week.

I think I'll call it quits for this post and "hopefully" I can keep to my word of posing often.  

No comments:

Post a Comment