Wednesday, August 11, 2021

I didn't do so good!

 Well my aim in January 2015 was to post often - but life got in the way.

My mother went into care in April of 2015.  It was getting difficult to care for her at home.  She lived comfortably at her care residence for almost five years.  She reached the wonderful age of 100 years and two weeks, she went to a better place in February 2020.  I miss her terribly.

2020 began well but slowly got worse as the year progressed.  Of course the Corona Virus came to town, as it did in the rest of the world, I'm glad my mum missed this awful event.  We had a long lockdown in 2020 lasting 112 days.  Now in 2021 we are two weeks into our 6th lockdown.   Being a retired person liking all sort of crafting, it sure helps to pass the lock down time.  I feel bad for all the people who are out of work because of these lock downs.  Hopefully things will look up for 2022.

I've been doing a lot of patchwork and quilting.  I machine pieced a quilt called "Gypsy Wife" (Now called "Wanderer's wife".  I decided to hand quilt it - big mistake - but it's almost done.  This is the top before it was put together ready for quilting.

It's made from a lot of different fabric left over from previous sewing items.  

After 74 years of living in the family home (built in 1900 - now needing quite a lot of repair) it was time to sell up and move.  I've been in my new place for three weeks now - it's still a bit disorganised, especially my sewing room, but it will get there in time.  

Time to take a break and have a cuppa - see you soon.   

No comments:

Post a Comment