Saturday, February 19, 2011

Grand Abecedaire

Wow, I found a link to the charts for the Grand Abecedair that was done as a SAL, and saw all the variations of colour people useed to make the sampler their own..  I've always wanted to do a sampler but could never find the right one, well now I have.  32 count Natural Belfast Linen was my choice, with two main colours and a contrast.  I've worked on Aida, 25 and 28 count fabrics before but never 32 count, so this will be an exciting adventure and  I can't wait to get started. 
The photo doesn't do justice to the colour of the linen or the floss.  The DMC colours are 315 Md Dk Antique Mauve, 3727 Lt Antique Mauve, which both look more pink than mauve,  and for contrast 647 Md Beaver Grey which is more of a dusty green. I'm hoping this will have an old world look when finished.

I've been working on a Lanart floral sampler and the Lavender & Lace Santa of the Forest.  I don't have photos yet but will post my progress soon.  I'm also stitchin a couple of bookmarks to exchange so I can't post photos  of them until I send to my partners, but I will soon. 
Happy Stitchin till next time.      

No comments:

Post a Comment